What is this?
I got fed up with my existing blog, so I decided to write a new blog engine, as a way to learn some new tech.
I do this every two or three years: spend a few hours playing with new technology, and then getting distracted and moving on to something else. It’s a good way to learn new technology though.
With this in mind, this blog engine is going to use all of the latest shiny:
- node.js, using Express.
- Some form of document database. Either MongoDB or CouchDB.
- Twitter Bootstrap for the styling.
- I’m also considering running it on EC2, rather than on my PC at home.
- I might even throw in some KnockoutJS or similar.
- Unfortunately, I can’t particularly see a niche for socket.io, so I’ll probably leave that out.
The source code is up on GitHub: http://github.com/rlipscombe/blog.