TMC PCI48AF Motherboard
A while back, I was trying to get a computer built out of some spare parts to run Linux in the corner of the office. However, I had some trouble with random lockups. I think it had something to do with the memory configuration of the motherboard.
Unfortunately, the company that make the motherboard, TMC, don’t support any of their pre-Pentium motherboards. This one’s a 486 board, running an AMD5x86. Fortunately, I posted a request for information on “Trish’s Escape From Hardware Hell Messageboard”, and got a response from a guy called Carl Smith, who happened to have a copy of the manual for the board, which is a TMC PCI48AF (revision 3.00).
I’ve reproduced Carl’s scans from the manual here.
- TMC PCI48AF Motherboard (this post; 1 Jun 2001 11:41)
- TMC PCI48AF Specifications (1 Jun 2001 11:42)
- TMC PCI48AF CPU Jumpers (1 Jun 2001 11:43)
- TMC PCI48AF Main Memory Installation (1 Jun 2001 11:44)
- TMC PCI48AF Miscellaneous Jumpers (1 Jun 2001 11:45)
- TMC PCI48AF PCI Slots (1 Jun 2001 11:46)
- TMC PCI48AF Front Panel Connectors (1 Jun 2001 11:47)
You can find the drivers (Win95, NT3.5, DOS, OS/2, Novell and SCO) for the ALI chipset for this board here.
Unfortunately, I don’t have any other information about the board - I gave up on getting it to work with more than 32Mb in it, and it got lost when I moved from London to Cambridge. However, because this information still generates a couple of emails a year, I decided to leave it here.